A little bit about us:Our First Thoughts on "The Little Prince"
We are from Iona, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada. We are from Rankin School of the Narrows/Sgoil MhicFhraing a'Chaolais, where we learn all kinds of things, including the French and Gaelic languages. (The "sgoil" part of our school name is in Gaelic.) We are the 7 girls and 11 boys, aged 10-12, who make up the grade 5/6 class at this school.
- Ailig says, "Most of the class thought that, by the cover of the book, that the book would be really bad. After 2 chapters, we're hooked!"
- Zach M., "The little dude likes sheep?!?!"
- Jon says, "So far we find the book is really good... really awesome... and we're gonna keep reading."
- Zach C., "Can't wait to read more!!!!!!!!!!!!"
- Shazia: "The book is really awesome!"
- Logan (a girl): "I like the way the main character (the dude telling the story)... [the narrator] chooses his words!"
- Breagha: "I like the way the narrator is 'high class', using big words and stuff."
- Nathan: "The little dude is really picky about the sheep... and pictures!"
- Emerson: "The book is interesting!"
- Mikayla: "I thought the book was really interesting; I didn't think I was going to like it from the start! Now I want to go home and read, read, read!"
- Dawn (Our Teacher) says, "I"m totally pumped that my class is sooooo excited about this project!"